Thursday, November 11, 2010

Here We Go!

'When Those Were The Days' is a Blog to help me expand my ideas about history and society.  I believe that history is essential to our existence and can help us improve our society by creating a more equal world.

My current project is a piece of social history the explores the Blitz and its impact on American public opinion.  Of course objective facts like dates, people, and statistics will be used throughout this thesis, but I am more interested in how the British and American people felt about the war in Europe and how that has shaped our world today. 

Also, my wife and I intend to use this as travel log for our trip across America, gathering research and seeing the sites!  Hopefully nothing but good will come of it...

2 comments:

  1. I know Tasha is afraid of the south but please come check out Asheville North Carolina I promise both of you will love it!

    Looking forward to reading your blog!

    -Haley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you at the wedding Sean. We have to meet up over the holidays. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete